The municipality of Älmhults work with the new corona virus, covid-19
The Public Health Authority considers that we have public dissemination in Sweden. The municipality of Älmhult is actively monitoring the development of the corona virus covid-19 and is following the recommendations of the Public Health Agency of Sweden.
Stay home if you're sick
The recommendations that apply right now are that everyone who is sick, even with mild symptoms, should stay home from preschool, school and work 48 hours after you are healthy.
It is important that you stay home when you are ill. If you are unable to self-care at home, call 1177 for medical advice.
Do you have questions or are you worried?
If you have questions about the coronavirus covid-19, find answers at www.krisinformation.se. That is where you can find all the statutory authorities’ confirmed information about the corona virus gathered in one place.
You can also call the national information number 113 13. All information provided by 113 13 is has been checked by the Public Health Agency of Sweden or other responsible authority. The service is available around the clock.
For those of you who are entrepreneurs
Our local business community is important to all of us in the municipality of Älmhult and Covid-19 affects in many ways.
The Municipality of Älmhult is now taking steps to support the business community
As a result of the spread of the corona virus, several companies in the municipality are severely affected. The Municipality of Älmhult therefore puts in place several measures to support the companies.
– We have quickly accepted the proposals made by, among other things, the local companies and what the Swedish business and Visita visiting industry's trade organization has put out. We are now taking several measures to support the companies, says Elizabeth Peltola, hhair of the Municipal Executive Committee.
– We are now having conversations with companies in the municipality of Älmhult, in various industries, to get a quick overview and be able to receive valuable views and needs. These are then passed on both regionally and nationally to be able to influence so that the companies are supported in the right way, says Maria Kristiansson, business developer.
Measures to facilitate the business community:
- If the customer requests a deferral, the municipality extends the payment period on invoices and charges in water and sewage, cleaning (garbage collection) and permits and supervision. That is, invoices from Älmhult municipality and the cleaning company SSAM.
- If necessary, the municipality speeds up payment time to the municipality's suppliers in order to further contribute to strengthening the companies' liquidity.
- The municipality will prioritize emergency / necessary supervision.
- Let the restaurants' outdoor seating open earlier and close later in the season
- Land lease fees for outdoor seating are extended for a longer payment period, until after the season.
- The municipality postpones events instead of canceling, to allow the money paid in to stay with the companies.
- The municipality's business developer (email@example.com) are given the task of accompanying companies on issues related to the measures the municipality takes and have continued dialogue with the municipality's business community about how the corona pandemic affects your business.
Important links for you as an entrepreneur
In order to facilitate your information gathering as an entrepreneur, we have gathered some important links where you can keep up to date:
Företagarna have compiled several different films, the latest addition is going through short-term work and short-term permitting.
See the movies at foretagarna.se/foretagarna-play (swedish)
Verksamt.se has gathered information from authorities that is important for you as an entrepreneur to know about the new coronavirus and the disease covid-19
Read more on på Verksamt.se
Information from the government regarding, among other things, support for entrepreneurs.
What support is available for the entrepreneurs
On March 16, the government launched a support package for business of over SEK 300 billion. The measures include that the state temporarily takes over the costs of sick leave and part of the salary costs for short-term leave. Read more about the crisis package
The Government, the Riksbank and the Swedish Financial Supervisory Authority are implementing various measures to reduce the economic damage caused by the spread of the Coronavirus. Handelskammaren explains what they mean and where you can turn for further information. The page is constantly updated.
Read more at Handelskammaren.com (only in swedish)
The Public Health Agency
Information and recommendations from the Public Health Agency.
Read the recommendations of the Public Health Agency
Swedish public employment service (Arbetsformedlingen)
Here are some questions and answers linked to dismissing staff or leaving due to the corona virus.
Read more at arbetsförmedlingen.se (only in swedish)
Labor law issues
For labor law issues, we refer to the respective member organization.
See the Confederation of Swedish Enterprise's members:
The Swedish Social Insurance Agency (Försäkringskassan)
The Swedish Social Insurance Agency has information on infectious carrier allowance, travel allowance, sickness allowance and compensation for wages. Here you will find what applies at Försäkringskassan
The Swedish Tax Agency (Skatteverket)
Companies that have received payment problems as a direct consequence of the coronavirus can seek deferment of payment from the Swedish Tax Agency.
Information and form for applying
Swedish Agency for Economic and Regional Growth (Tillväxtverket)
The Swedish Agency for Economic and Regional Growth handles the application for Short-Term Permit and has information and support that can help you manage changes due to the covid-19 outbreak.
Read the information from Tillväxtverket
The Confederation of Swedish Enterprise (Svenskt Näringsliv)
The Confederation of Swedish Enterprise is having a dialogue with the government regarding the negative consequences Corona entails for Swedish entrepreneurs.
This is what Svenskt Näringsliv does
You who have acute problems in your company due to covid-19 can turn here.
Read more on nationellaforetagsakuten.se (only in swedish)
For those who have children in preschool or school
Children and adults who are ill, even with mild symptoms, should stay home from preschool, school and work 48 hours after you are healthy. Thid is to reduce the risk of transmission. If you are unsure - contact your health care provider.
Closing schools and preschools is not appropriate at this time. We are, however, working on preventive measures. We are following the recommendations of the Public Health Agency of Sweden, which maintain that there is no clear scientific evidence that suspending healthy school children or closing schools would reduce the risk of transmission of infection in society.
Parents/guardians with healthy children in preschool can send their children to preschool as usual. The recommendations of the Public Health Agency of Sweden
Placement in preschool
On Thursday, 30 April, the Board of Education decided that all guardians who do not use their place during May and June will be exempt from fees. One step to keep the spread of infection at a low level.
If you as guardian will use your place at the preschool at any time during the month, you will be charged full fee. During the month of July, invoices will be sent to everyone as usual. This autumn, the question will be
raised again based on the current situation.
What do I have to do if I will not use my place and be exempt from fees?
1. Tell the staff at your department at the preschool that you will not use the place during the coming month, then no invoice will be sent. If you would use any day during the month, you will be charged full fee.
2. No schedule adjustment shall be made in IST. Your basic schedule remains.
Because of this opportunity will the bill arrive a week later. If you have any questions, please contact your principal!
If we have further staffing problems, we will ensure that there is a preschool open in each district. Those affected will be informed if this becomes relevant.
15-hour placement in preschool
We urge all parents/guardians who are on parentalleave or unemployed not to use pre-school places until further notice. Instead, we encourage you to have the children at home.
Measures that may be put into effect
- The municipality is following the development closely and we are ready to close a business to involve infectious disease control physicians, assess the need for decontamination measures, and prepare information for parents/guardians. It is important to know that closing schools and pre-schools has a major impact on our society. There are parents who have critically important roles and functions in society and who work in health care. For this reason, it is extremely important that the municipality of Älmhult keeps its preschools and schools open as far as possible.
- In preschool, our first precautionary measure will take effect when we have staffing shortages: this will be to leave the 15-hour children at home. Of course, if a parent has an emergency situation, we will cater for this. If we have further staffing problems, we will ensure that there is a preschool open in each district. Those affected will be informed if this becomes relevant.
- At school, we prepare, among other things, for students belonging to at-risk groups to provide distance education to avoid the risk of transmission. We are also preparing to be able to conduct distance education for larger groups.
- In order to guarantee the right of all children to education, we are also preparing to be able to run school during school holidays, for example in the summertime and/or at weekends. We may also need to extend the school term dates.
For you as a student at Haganässkolan/Vuxenutbildningen/SFI
The yuth center Freja closes until further notice
When Haganässkolan switches to distance education and the building will be locked, Freja youth center will close its activities until further notice.
Teaching at the gymnasiesärskolan continues as usual in their premises.
Distance education at Haganässkolan/Haganässkolan/Vuxenutbildningen/SFI
As of Thursday, students follow their regular schedule by logging into Its Learning or Teams.
In the first lesson the teacher describes how the arrangement with distance education / distance education is intended overall at Haganässkolan and can also answer your questions about this.
Thereafter, each teacher informs about his/her structure.
Each teacher goes through how the presentation is intended for the lessons. Your presence is mandatory. You show presence in two ways:
- To be connected according to the schedule via It´s Learning/Teams or what you and your teacher have decided.
- To submit tasks on time and to respect deadlines for submissions.
It is important that you follow what is stated above because we need to know how many hours of teaching you have completed and to know how much teaching time you need to spend on holidays and weekends.
You should report sickness just as usual if you are ill, otherwise you will follow the schedule.
There will be films to help you get started on your work if it is done in Teams.
If you have problems connecting, contact the IT educator on 0476-55252.
A small reminder that APL year 1 is cancelled and that the students follow their regular schedule.
If you have any questions, please contact your mentor/teaching teacher or resp. principal
For those of you who are a relative of someone elderly or who is seriously ill
There are visiting restrictions which apply to nursing homes and (aged) care homes. To protect the residents from the spread of infection, we urge you not to visit them. This also applies to you who are healthy. Keep in touch with the elderly by calling them on the phone or by using social media.
Also, do not visit elderly relatives in their homes unnecessarily. Stay in touch by calling / using social media.
Nicklagården, Almgården, Hallaryd and Häradsbäck have closed their municipal restaurants to the public from Friday 13 March in order to minimize the risk of spreading the corona virus.
For those who need help
You may need to limit your social contacts for some time to come due to the prevailing situation in Sweden. You who are older, infectious or live near someone who is infectious may need help with, among other things, shopping for groceries.
We are many in Älmhult municipality who take responsibility and work together to help each other:
- ICA Nära in Liatorp is extra open to the risk groups between 07.10-08.00
- Most of the 60 member companies in Handelsplats Älmhult have home delivery of goods. Read more at www.handelsplatsalmhult.se
- Svenska Kyrkan in Älmhult can help with, among other things, shopping for groceries, Agneta Grimberg phone 0476-561 86.
- Wärkstan AB, Patrik Carlsson, phone 0476-51 400, gladly helps grocery stores that need help with deliveries.
- The Facebook group Corona Älmhult ”Ingen kan göra allt men alla kan göra något” has about 800 members and is happy to help. Here you can write if you need help with shopping, buying medicine or anything else necessary.
Corona Älmhult ”Ingen kan göra allt men alla kan göra något” on Facebook
Holidays will be different this year
We have many festivals ahead of us: Easter, Ramadan, Eid-ulFitr and Pesach to name but a few. This year, we will not be celebrating them as normal. Instead of meeting our loved ones we must concentrate on protecting one another from infection. It is especially important to protect our elders, who are at risk of falling gravely ill. Together, we can slow the spread of Covid-19 in Sweden.
This is what everyone can do to help:
• Stay at home, even if you only have slight cold-like symptoms.
• Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
• Keep your distance from others both indoors and out.
• Keep your distance from others on buses, trains, the metro, trams and
other forms of public transport.
• Do not attend parties, funerals, baptisms or weddings.
• Keep your distance from others on sports grounds, in public baths and
at the gym and avoid using public changing rooms.
• If at all possible, do not travel during rush hours.
• Travel only when absolutely necessary.
• If you are 70 or older, it is even more important that you limit social
contact and avoid places where people gather.
Information in other languages is available at
This is how the municipality of Älmhult works
We continuously monitor the course of events in order to be able to act quickly on changes. Since Wednesday, March 11, the municipality of Älmhult is coordinating a staff to create endurance in the work with the corona virus. In order to ensure that our socially important functions work, we analyze our operations to be ready if, for example, staff shortages should occur.
Prevent the spread of rumors
Help prevent speculation and rumors spread by being source-critical and not sharing insecure information.
Advice to avoid getting infected and infecting others
Wash your hands frequently
Infectious agents easily stick to hands and other surfaces, such as door handles. They spread further when you take someone in hand. Therefore, wash your hands frequently with soap and warm water. Handwash can be an option when you do not have the option of hand washing.
Cough and sneeze in the arm fold
When you cough and sneeze, small droplets containing infectious agents are spread. By coughing and sneezing in the arm fold or in a tissue, you prevent infection from spreading in your environment or from contaminating your hands.
Stay home if you're sick
Stay home when you are sick. This way you avoid infecting people on the bus, your work or where you are close to others.
News about corona in swedish
Last modified: 2020-05-20 12:19
Vi gör ingen skillnad inom vården på LSS och äldreomsorgen
Det har framkommit att Älmhults kommun skulle göra skillnader i vården mellan LSS och äldreomsorgen. Så är inte fallet, vi har samma rutiner och riktlinjer inom alla …
Last modified: 2020-05-14 15:59
Företagens corona-linje #5- Digital närvaro i coronatider
För femte gången arrangeras Företagens Corona-linje som är ett digitalt möte där du som företagare kan ställa frågor till olika experter. Denna gång är temat digital …
Last modified: 2020-05-13 13:21
Så här jobbar Älmhults kommun i vård- och omsorgsboende och hemtjänst
Omkring 500 personer jobbar inom vård och omsorg i Älmhults kommun. Varje minut, 24 timmar om dygnet, 7 dagar i veckan gör de sitt allra bästa för att stötta, sköta om …
Last modified: 2020-05-11 15:44
Spridningen av covid-19 i Älmhults kommun
Region Kronoberg har presenterat antal konstaterade fall per kommun i covid-19. Nu går Älmhults kommun in i ett nytt skedde och vi ser att antalet fall ökar. …
Last modified: 2020-05-06 11:09
Utökad möjlighet för föreningar att anställa feriejobbare
På grund av corona-situationen saknar Älmhults kommun ett antal ferieplatser till de ungdomar som i sommar skulle ha jobbat inom vård och omsorg samt förskola. För att …
Last modified: 2020-05-05 08:41
Företagens coronalinje: Idéer - vägen ur krisen?
Välkommen att delta i detta kostnadsfria digitala forum där du som företagare får inspiration från tre experter som berättar om hur de genom idégenerering har lyckats …
Last modified: 2020-05-04 11:23
Besök gärna våra restauranger och caféer – men undvik trängsel
PA Restaurang Catering Event och Älmhults Restaurang & Pizzeria är exempel på restauranger som skyltat upp och anpassat verksamheten på ett föredömligt sätt för att …
Last modified: 2020-04-28 13:39
Information angående sommarsimskolan
Älmhults kommun har efter genomgång av läget tvingats fatta beslut om att ställa in sommarens simskola. Anledningen är konsekvenser av det pågående coronaviruset, …
Last modified: 2020-04-28 13:35
Tre friskförklarade brukare
I början av april insjuknade den första brukaren i Älmhults kommun. Hittills har fyra brukare smittats varav tre nu är friskförklarade från covid-19.
Last modified: 2020-04-23 16:30
Nationella företagsakuten - Akut hjälp till företag som drabbats ekonomiskt av covid-19
Via ett nationellt telefonnummer erbjuds en väg in för företag i hela landet med syftet att direkt svara på frågor, lotsa vidare till rätt instans eller erbjuda …
Keep yourself updated
- Official information on the novel corona virus on krisinformation.se (Emergency information from Swedish authorities)
- About covid-19 on Folkhälsomyndigheten
- Here you can see press conferences from the Government Offices (only in swedish) www.regeringen.se/webb-tv/